1. If you have two SkyView displays, the in-flight compass calibration can be performed from either display.
2. After observing the cautions above, push buttons 7+8 to enter the IN FLIGHT SETUP MENU. Note – this menu is not accessible while on the ground.
3. Select COMPASS CALIBRATION
4. Right-click the knob to enter the in-flight COMPASS CALIBRATION menu. You will see a screen similar to this:
5. Push the START button to begin the calibration.
6. Observe the NEW CALIBRATION section of the menu. The goal of the in-flight compass calibration is to achieve a compass calibration “quality” of at least 100.
7. The minimum maneuvers for in-flight compass calibration is one 360° turn clockwise, and one 360° turn counterclockwise. Flying additional maneuvers incorporating pitch and roll changes will likely improve the in-flight compass calibration.
8. When the quality is as high as you can obtain (above 70, the minimum), push the FINISH button to complete the in-flight compass calibration. Flying additional maneuvers beyond the minimum may improve the in-flight compass calibration, but will not make it worse.